CNA³ cross-belt analyzer
A rugged, simple and versatile solution to your process control needs
CNA³ is one of the latest generation of the CNA family. It has been entirely redesigned to be suitable for tough environments such as underground mines, but still features the cutting-edge Sodern neutron technology with unmatched lifetime and neutron output stability (PFTNA).
CNA³ provides high-frequency online elemental analysis of the bulk material on the belt. No sampling is required as material is measured in real time on the conveyor belt.
This compact and rugged design is completely underneath the belt – variation of belt load and particle size common in the mining industry doesn’t affect the performance of the system. This is a key design feature to provide stability and representativeness for an efficient process control.
- On-off electric proven neutron source
- Constant neutron flow for unmatched performance stability
- Automatic radiation protection system (ARPS)
- Compact design for simplified installation and start up
- No material height limitation, everything is below the belt
- No sensitivity to belt load variation or particle size variation
- Available for extra-wide belt
Unique offline position
Mounted on a rail, a CNA³ can be easily moved to the side for maintenance, cleaning, neutron generator swap, etc. This position, also called offline position, gives our customer the unique opportunity to perform a sample measurement in order to check performances of the system and apply correction if necessary, without the need to stop production.