Robust and flexible quantification
Epsilon 1 can be calibrated using reference materials that match the composition of the routine samples. These dedicated calibrations result in accurate data with high precision. Epsilon 1 can be calibrated for a wide variety of industry applications.
Epsilon 1 is a star-performing benchtop XRF instrument for the analysis of major, minor and trace elements from sodium to americium, across the periodic table.
The measurements are carried out directly on the sample itself with little to no sample preparation. Since XRF is a non-destructive technique, the sample can also be measured subsequently by other analytical techniques, if required.
The thin window Ag anode X-ray tube, designed and manufactured by Malvern Panalytical, ensures high quality and sensitivity. The 50 kV X-ray tube and generator is ideal for exciting heavier elements, resulting in faster analysis times and higher accuracy
USB and network connections for use of standard computer peripherals for extended use, application development and seated operator.
Low-energy X-ray photons characteristic of sodium, magnesium, aluminum, silicon, phosphorus and sulfur are sensitive to air-pressure and temperature variations. Built-in temperature and air-pressure sensors compensate for these atmospheric variations, ensuring excellent results whatever the weather.
In order to shield the delicate heart of the system from spillage, a protection foil is in place. In case of spillage, the foil can be replaced easily by the operator
Mining and minerals
• Direct quantification of rocks, ores and drill cores
• Fast positive material identification using FingerPrint software
• Standardless analysis to quantify a wide variety of minerals without the need of dedicated calibrations
• Simple inspection of coatings using Stratos (multi-)layer analysis solution
• Positive material identification package for fast metals sorting and PASS/FAIL reporting
• Elemental quantification of slags
• Quick screening of ferrous and non-ferrous metals
• Epsilon 1 Sulfur in Fuels edition for compliancy with ASTM D4294, ISO 8754, 20847, IP 336, 496, and JIS K2541-4 test methods
• ASTM D6481 compliant performance with ready-to-use Lube Oils edition
• One-stop-shop for spectrometer and certified oil and fuels standards
• Fast quantification of nutrients in food and animal feed products
• Short feedback loop in process control of food and animal feed
• Robust and accurate quantification of milk powder
• On-site process and quality control of cement, clinker and raw materials
• Screening of a wide variety of alternative fuels and raw materials (AFR) using standardless analysis
• One instrument for any type of sample without the requirement of dedicated calibrations
• Ideal education tool through its safe design and low utility needs
• The ready-to-use Academia solution is pre-calibrated with Omnian standardless analysis solution
• Speed up process development using straight-forward analysis of residue elements
• Comply with FDA 21 CFR Part 11 with available Enhanced Data Security software
• Efficient raw materials inspection to quickly identify supply changes
• Optional Installation and Operational Qualification packages (IQ & OQ)
• In-field identification of contaminated soils
• Analysis of inorganic compounds on air filters at location of the sampler
• Quick analysis of waste water
Plastics and polymers
• RoHS-3 analysis with ASTM F2617 compliant performance
• Detailed and direct analysis of heterogenous samples with Epsilon 1 for small spot analysis
• Unique CRM solutions available for additives, restricted and toxic elements in polyethylene