Helios G4 UC for Materials Science
Enabling breakthrough innovations with DualBeam™ technology—faster and easier than ever before.
Scientists and engineers constantly face new challenges that require highly localized characterization of increasingly complex samples with ever smaller features. The latest technological innovations of the Helios G4 UC, in combination with the easiest to use, most comprehensive software and Thermo Fisher Scientific’s application expertise, allow for the fastest and easiest preparation of HR-S/TEM samples for a wide range of materials.
In combination with optional Auto Slice & View™ 4 (AS&V4) software, Helios G4 UC allows for the highest-quality, fully automated acquisition of multi-modal 3D datasets. These datasets include, among others, BSE imaging for maximum materials contrast, energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) for compositional information, and electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD) for microstructural and crystallographic information. Together with Avizo visualization software, this delivers a unique workflow solution for the highest-resolution, advanced 3D characterization and analysis at the nanometer scale.
Experience the benefits of the Helios G4 UC
- Fastest and easiest preparation of high-quality, site-specific, TEM and APT samples using the Tomahawk ion column Shortest time to nanoscale information using best-in-class Elstar™ electron column
- Reveal the finest details with next-generation UC+ monochromator technology with higher current, enabling sub-nanometer performance at low energies
- The most complete sample information with sharp, refined, and charge-free contrast obtained from up to 6 integrated in-column and below-the-lens detectors
- The highest quality, multi-modal subsurface and 3D information with the most precise targeting of the region of interest using optional Auto Slice & View™ 4 (AS&V4) Software
- Fast, accurate, and precise milling and deposition of complex structures with critical dimensions of less than 10nm
- Precise sample navigation tailored to individual application needs thanks to the high stability and accuracy of 150mm Piezo stage and in-chamber Nav-Cam
- Artifact-free imaging based on integrated sample cleanliness management and dedicated imaging modes such as SmartScan™ and DCFI modes
Helios G4 UC datasheet
Helios G4 UC is part of the fourth generation of the industry-leading Helios DualBeam family. It is carefully designed to meet the needs of scientists and engineers, combining the innovative Elstar electron column with high-current UC+ technology for extreme high-resolution imaging and the highest materials contrast with the superior Tomahawk ion column for the fastest, easiest, and most precise high-quality sample preparation.