Themis ETEM for Materials Science
The best in situ S/TEM platform gets even better
Understand materials’ structure-function relationship by enabling in situ studies at the atomic scale.
In situ observation of structure dynamics at length scales that are characteristic for nanostructures is extremely important to scientists focusing on atomic-scale research.
The Thermo Scientific™ Themis™ ETEM builds on the proven Titan ETEM concept-combining both standard S/TEM and dedicated environmental TEM capabilities for time-resolved, in situ studies of the dynamic behavior of nanomaterials.
The Themis ETEM is designed as a fully integrated platform for in situ experiments, such as exposing nanostructures to gaseous reaction/operating environments.
Building on advantages of our proven Themis ETEM solution, including
- Automation and ease-of-use through full software control of all operational parameters – for novice users as well as advanced operators.
- Window-free imaging through innovative differentially-pumped objective lens.
- Precise control of vacuum system including fast switching between different vacuum modes.
- Accurate monitoring of gas composition through built-in reactant gas analysis via mass-spectrometer (RGA).
- Easy decontamination and system flushing via the integrated plasma cleaner.
- Electron gun protection to maintain high vacuum even during gaseous experiments
- Fine electron dose (rate) control using flexible gun lens and condenser settings.
- Easy sample handling , full double tilt capability and standard TEM holder compatibility through innovative differentially-pumped specimen area.
- Safe operation mode through full compliance with safety regulations and protocols for gas handling.
Advance your research with our new Themis ETEM
The new Thermo Scientific Themis ETEM now also benefits from Themis Z features:
- Precise control and knowledge of sample temperature in any gas environment through new NanoEx-i/v heating stage.
- Improved sample stability, navigation, and assisted sample drift correction in x, y, and z axes using a piezo enhanced stage.
- Advancing high-quality imaging and movie acquisition functions , as well as sample navigation by combining speed, high sensitivity, and high-dynamic range with large field of view in one single Ceta 16M camera.
- Handling and processing of large data sets by introducing a 64-bit operating system.