Verios G4 XHR SEM for Materials Science
The best possible low-kV SEM resolution and materials contrast
The Thermo Scientific™ Verios G4 scanning electron microscope (SEM) is geared toward increasing publishable results from your lab. The Verios SEM enables new insights by extending sub-nanometer resolution over the full 1 keV to 30 keV energy range to novel materials, such as catalyst particles, nanotubes, porosities, interfaces, biological objects, and other nanoscale structures. High-resolution, high-contrast images are obtained without the need to transition to TEM or other imaging techniques. The Verios SEM offers the flexibility required for research applications to accommodate large specimens like full wafers or metallurgical samples. You can perform fast analysis thanks to its high current mode or work on precise prototyping applications such as electron beam-induced direct deposition of materials or lithography.
Discover the world of eXtreme High-Resolution SEM
The Verios SEM offers accurate imaging with sub-nanometer resolution from 1 to 30 kV energy range. It provides the excellent contrast needed for precise measurements on materials in a variety of applications without compromising the high throughput, analytical capabilities, sample flexibility, and ease of a traditional SEM. The Verios SEM features unique technologies such as constant power lenses for higher thermal stability and electrostatic scanning for higher deflection linearity. It is extremely flexible when it comes to choosing parameters, working on large samples, or supporting additional applications such as analysis or lithography. The Verios XHR SEM allows both occasional users and specialists to access accurate and complete nanoscale data in the shortest time, discovering information that previously has been unavailable from other techniques.
Experience the advantages offered by the Thermo Scientific™ Verios XHR SEM:
- Access accurate, true nanometer scale information with operating conditions that best matches your sample requirements: 500 eV and below for non-conductive specimens, very low dose operation for beam sensitive samples, using the Elstar™ monochromator and optimized optics and detection;
- Gather complete nanoscale information, fast: topographic and materials contrast, thanks to Elstar’s unique quadruple SE/BSE detection and filtering; structural contrast, thanks to our unique multi-segmented STEM technology;
- Rely on accurate metrology far beyond a normal SEM, using Elstar’s precise electrostatic beam deflection and advanced calibration methods;.
- Experience fast and precise sample management: accommodating large specimens, controllably cleaning sample surfaces, rapidly inspecting at very low magnification and navigating to the region of interest;
- Perform innovative and precise nanofabrication using electron beam lithography, electron beam induced direct deposition of materials, and inspect the created 3D structures in top-down or tilted positions;
- Discover a platform optimized both for the occasional user with a simple and robust interface, and the SEM expert who can rely on the instrument’s flexibility and extended controls to exactly tune the instrument for a specific experiment.